Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tijuana Nightlife

I ran across ran across a video by Kathleen Kilpatrick I thought Id share. The video describes the changes in Tijuana Nightlife specifically the Calle Sexta transformation.

TJ's New Nightlife from Kathleen Kilpatrick on Vimeo.



In other Tijuana news a popular video of mine got yanked off You Tube based on copyright grounds. I guess this big media conglomerate had issue with little ole Masa Assassin using a minute and forty seconds of one of their songs in a taco video. Ive been making videos for years and always use background music, I'm not sure what to think of this. I don't even use full songs and the quality is low.

Oh well I'm sure its a matter of time before this gets yanked so I'm in the process of coming up with different background music, meanwhile I'm open to any suggestions.

I don't want to type the name of the company because they are probably scouring the web but it sounds like Warmer Musaq Poop. I just read an article about someone who had a similar experience and wrote about it in detail here. Here is my video from the original post on Fitos Tacos Tijuana.

Worlds Fastest Taco Stand - Tacos Fitos Tijuana Mexico from Masa Assassin on Vimeo.

11 comments:

Mike said...

Love the Tacos Fitos video - that's quite the show they put on!

sdwarrior said...

Mikey!!
Nice blog, man.

I am glad you didn't drink the kool aid and make a scene of fear when somebody mentions Tijuana!

Hope to see you soon, bro!!

RG

Remember: tap or snap!!

KirkK said...

LOL MA.... I hope they get a good share of "Warmer Poop".....

Masa Assassin said...

Hi Mike, yeah these guys are quite the team, and the tacos are great also.

Hey RG, so great to hear from you I hope to see yea around more. No kool-aid for me I live life standing up not on my knees.

Hi Kirk, Yeah me too.

Greg said...

The taco cart dude is a showman. Made me seriously hungry!

Masa Assassin said...

Hi Greg, yeah they are some true showman. Yeah I get hungry every time I watch it also :)

Lorena said...

I like this blog because I love food and I was amazed that someone who lives in the states knew about places in Tijuana that i never heard of (although, I live in Rosarito..)

here's an article I wrote a few months ago about the new Tijuana scene. At the end its the link to the version in spanish (i liked it better as the one in english was edited).

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2010/feb/17/tijuanas-downtown-revival/

Saludos

L.

Masa Assassin said...

Thanks Lorena... You are a great writer very nice article on the Tijuana scene, thanks for sharing. I'm glad you like the blog hope to see you around.

Scotty said...

Excellent video. If this is your first, I hope there are more to come. Was this birria de res? I liked when they passed a cup of consome to a customer. To die for! I'm going to embed it on my blog TacoMatrix.com and recommend people check out Masa Assassin!

Scotty

Masa Assassin said...

Hi Scotty, Thanks and you can view most of my videos on You Tube just search for masa assassin. I haven't made one in sometime I hoping to get an HD Camera soon.

Lorena Angulo said...

Hola !
I just found your blog and I love it!
For your video, Did you know that you can add the music in YouTube from a selection they offer?
I download my videos without music and after they are in YouTube, I go to the edit section and add music.